DIESEL SNIPER TRAIN HORN FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
GUESTS CAN POST FREELY IN THE GUEST LOBBY
GUYS REGISTER TODAY AND POST YOUR STUFF.

Street Fighter II - Super Nintendo

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr007

Street Fighter II - Super Nintendo  Empty
PostSubject: Street Fighter II - Super Nintendo     Street Fighter II - Super Nintendo  Empty3/1/2011, 8:54 pm

Street Fighter II - Super Nintendo (Released 1992)

The greatest beat-em-up ever? Possibly.....certainly the most influential. This game hit the arcades in 1991, where it was revolutionary and the hottest arcade game around for some time. The graphics were sumptuous, the characters all perfectly balanced, and it was so innovative and fresh for its time. Fighting games prior to this usually had just a couple of characters to pick, and usually it was a scrolling game. Street Fighter II gave you a choice of 8 "world warriors", and you had to take on the other 7, plus 4 bosses in a one-on-one bout, best out of three. Each character had a different background, a different story, as well as special moves unique to their fighting style. From the sumo-wrestler of E. Honda, the karate moves of Ryu and Ken, to the electrifying wild animal moves of Blanca! The world had not seen this ever before.....

.....so roll on 1992, and Capcom announce a Super Nintendo port of this game. Could it be possible?? Would it work?? Capcom would NOT let us down, and sure enough, the SNES version was a near arcade perfect translation of the arcade hit. The SNES pad with its 6 buttons including the L/R shoulder buttons was absolutely perfect for this game. The graphics and sound were nigh-on perfect and astonished millions around the globe, as it was like having the arcade machine in the comfort of their own homes.

For me, this was the game that got me into console gaming. My first home console - the Super Nintendo, was bought purely on the grounds of this game alone. Street Fighter 2 was responsible for selling millions of Super Nintendo's, and in many ways had more impact than the remarkable Super Mario World or Mario Kart. Street Fighter II did of course end up on the Megadrive/Genesis, but the SNES version was the closest to arcade perfection. Rumours of a cheat to play as the bosses circulated for months/years, till Capcom finally quashed that with the release of the even more superior Street Fighter 2 Turbo.

I could review this game all day, and could never run out of superlatives.....but to summarise, this game is one of the most important video games in history, and surely one of the most fondly remembered. It's had endless sequels, but this version is the most charming, and I can see myself playing this game in years to come. Incidentally, for those that missed out on the fun....this IS available on Nintendo's Virtual Console service, so do yourselves a favour, and purchase it, and ENJOY! Smile

[SIZE="4"]Score : 9/10[/SIZE]

Street Fighter II - Super Nintendo  Street_fighter_2_snes

Street Fighter II - Super Nintendo  Street_fighter_II_snes_hadoken

Street Fighter II - Super Nintendo  39_sfii2_1174604687

vakantiewoning toscane
Dot Matrix Printer Mechanism
Back to top Go down

Street Fighter II - Super Nintendo
Page 1 of 1