DIESEL SNIPER TRAIN HORN FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
GUESTS CAN POST FREELY IN THE GUEST LOBBY
GUYS REGISTER TODAY AND POST YOUR STUFF.

Manic Miner - C64

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr007

Manic Miner - C64  Empty
PostSubject: Manic Miner - C64    Manic Miner - C64  Empty3/1/2011, 7:48 pm

Manic Miner - Commodore 64 (Released 1983)

Time once again for a classic review. Now I appreciate that many of you had not been born when this game was released way back in 1983.....but you can't keep a good game down!

Manic Miner is a platform game (before even Mario), featuring a miner called Willy. The objective is ever so simple. Collect all the keys within the set level (which is all based on one screen) and once this is completed, head to the exit. Simple yea? Er no. This game is notoriously difficult. This game is so challenging that without cheats I am not sure it CAN be completed. Some poor soul, with their 3 lives, must try to navigate the dozens and dozens of levels, avoiding the many traps and enemies....

....these enemies include : spiders, aliens, flying toilets, telephones, toasters, ghosts....etc. So many things for Willy to avoid, and boy is it hard. You have to know their exact movements, otherwise you die. You have to be wary of the loose platforms, you have to measure the jumps to the N'th degree. Manic Miner is a frustrating, hair pulling, crazed inducing game - and thats part of its genius. It's so addictive, you just have to beat that level, and you know you must be able to do it, but it will take you attempt after attempt to do so. Without the cheats, this would involve going back to the start of the entire game many times!

Fortunately, with emulators, this game is widely available, and well worth tracking down. Emulation also means little-to-no loading times. I remember this game used to take an age to load via tape - it was painful. Most of the ROMs for this have also been cracked, so you can have infinite lives which is essential to keep you sane. Yes, its nearly a quarter of a century old, yes it looks rubbish, and yes i've just told you that this game will probably make you lose your marbles.....but boy is it something when you reach that final key and get through that portal - ON TO THE NEXT LEVEL!!!!

[SIZE="4"]Score : 8/10[/SIZE]

Manic Miner - C64  ManicMiner

Manic Miner - C64  Collins3.c

Manic Miner - C64  Manic_miner_intro

projector rental melbourne
class iv laser
Back to top Go down

Manic Miner - C64
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DIESEL SNIPER TRAIN HORN FORUM :: MILITARY JARGON-
Jump to: