DIESEL SNIPER TRAIN HORN FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
GUESTS CAN POST FREELY IN THE GUEST LOBBY
GUYS REGISTER TODAY AND POST YOUR STUFF.

Leslie S5T on a Subaru wagon

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jodifu6274

Leslie S5T on a Subaru wagon Empty
PostSubject: Leslie S5T on a Subaru wagon   Leslie S5T on a Subaru wagon Empty7/11/2010, 12:25 pm

Hi ! I'm retired Navy (HMC (SS/FMF)) living in CT, and I've had this S5T on my wagon for about a year now. Believe it or not, I haven't really had any problems with cops yet. It's a maximum-orifice setup, and is way, way louder than a "stock" S5T. It took literally hundreds of hours of painstaking trial and error to get everything working right with .18" orifices, but she is finally dialed in, with a new set of original 301 SS diaphragms ($200 for the set), plus machine work of all sorts. I have two Viair 480 compressors, two 5-gallon tanks, a 300 cfm regulator, two 110 cfm .02-micron "toilet paper" filters, two 3/4" ID lines, and a two-solenoid modulating setup. I have the two lines and filters because it was starving for air with one line and one 110-cfm filter, and is MUCH louder with the two filter/line setup. This is due to the orifice size.[img]Leslie S5T on a Subaru wagon Img_0311[/img]
Back to top Go down
Admin
Master Chief
Master Chief
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Leslie S5T on a Subaru wagon   Leslie S5T on a Subaru wagon Empty25/11/2010, 8:59 pm

Sounds like a good set up jodifu6274. Do you have a prob with the solnoids fireing off sync? Having two, I would think they fire slightly off from eachother. Looks like you might need to add some suport for those monsters. LOL

Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2920115
jodifu6274

PostSubject: Re: Leslie S5T on a Subaru wagon   Leslie S5T on a Subaru wagon Empty26/11/2010, 2:07 pm

Admin wrote:
Sounds like a good set up jodifu6274. Do you have a prob with the solnoids fireing off sync? Having two, I would think they fire slightly off from eachother. Looks like you might need to add some suport for those monsters. LOL

The port side solenoid is in line with a slightly-open ball valve, which blows the horn at a relatively low level. The starboard side solenoid is full open. What you get is essentially the same thing as a two-stage Graham-white valve, except that it's adjustable. Each solenoid has a separate button. There is 1/4" steel plate inside and outside the car, and it keeps the whole rig very stable. I love this thing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leslie S5T on a Subaru wagon   Leslie S5T on a Subaru wagon Empty

Back to top Go down

Leslie S5T on a Subaru wagon
Page 1 of 1